Practicing & Taking Care Of Yourself
Doing the things that you need to do in order to stay healthy and happy physically and mentally comes under self-care. Are you looking for a self-care coach? Before getting into a coaching program, go through this article to learn a few basics of self-care and self care coaching.
Types of self care
|Safety and security self-care
Why self care is important?
Caring for yourself is a great but challenging choice that you need to make every day that prioritizes your own health and happiness. That might sound simple, but most people struggle to incorporate self care into their daily routines because they misinterpret it as being selfish. Self care isn’t selfish, but it can feel that way when you’re used to caring for others first.
Physical Self Care
Physical self care is something that a lot of people struggle to maintain because there never seems to be enough time or energy to do things like exercising daily or eating healthy. There are a lot of significant health benefits that come from engaging in physical self care. Regular exercise will help you keep your muscles strong and a healthy diet will keep you in a good shape and mood. It also helps minimize stress and can help with weight management. Taking the time for regular exercise can have major positive effects on your physical health including:
- Better sleep
- Lower risk of heart attack
- Lower stress levels
- Stronger bones
- Better cardiovascular health
- Lower cholesterol
- Reduce the risk of some kinds of cancer
- Lower risk of diabetes and insulin resistance
- Better circulation
- Better mood
Mental Self Care
Mental self care means giving yourself a break from the stresses that you have to deal with all day long, and engage in activities that help you relax, clear your mind, and focus. Taking regular mental health breaks for self care can help you manage various mental conditions like depression and anxiety. Mental self care includes meditation, journaling, making art, and pursuing hobbies that give you peace.
Self care coaching
If you are struggling with starting off with your self care process, then it’s better to consult a self care coach that is specialized in offering self care training. Self care coaching is done in various ways, like:
- Online coaching – Self care coach will provide you coaching via video calls and reading materials. In this way, you can work from the comfort and privacy of your own home.
- One-on-one – Working together with your coach in a one-to-one coaching session will help you develop the systems, support, and accountability to transform your life and find the lifestyle and positive self care habits that work for you.
- Out-doors – Some self-care coaching sessions are planned outdoors in a soothing environment. This is a powerful, life-changing, experience where you might rediscover yourself, learn tools and techniques that will help you in every aspect of your life.
- Corporate – Self care coaching programs are also available for corporate firms. It enables both individuals and teams to find a balance for their personal health and happiness and work better to attain professional success and productivity.
It is recommended to go through the credentials of your self care coach and read a few online ratings and reviews before signing up for a self care coaching program.