A French comedian, Actor, Screenwriter, and Film producer, Kev Adams was born in the 16th arrondissement of Paris on 1st July 1991, and his real name is Kevin Smadja. Kevin’s father is a real estate agent of Algerian Jewish descent, and his mother works in finance. He hails from a wealthy family in Paris, and his theatre career began at the age of seven. He always wanted to get into the cinema, and in 2000, he got a small role in the film Dante Desarthe Cours Toujours. When he got tired of the castings, he began to write his sketches at the age of 16. This was the one, who made his parents laugh and his two younger brothers went up on the stage of the MJC of Neuilly-sur-Seine, the city where he lives.
Details about comedian Kev Adams
|1.||Full name||Kévin Smadja|
|2.||Born||1 July 1991|
|4.||Education||Paris Nanterre University|
|5.||Parents||Nathalie Smadja, Thierry Smadja|
The beginning of his Career
In the year 2009, Kevin completed his French Baccalaureate in literature and took admission in the Law University of Paris X-Nanterre along with simultaneously pursuing his acting career. In one of the interviews, he told that it was extremely difficult, nearly impossible to balance both career and acting.
Kev was spotted by Elisa Soussan, Anne Roumanoff’s producer, who invited him to perform at her Carte Blanche show at the Olympia (Paris) in 2009. During the same year, Adams performed on the Olympia stage, where he was invited to a “carte blanche” evening. His stage performance was broadcasted on the Paris Premiere. Few weeks after this event, Kev was offered to act in the opening part of a Gad Elmaleh show at the Palais Des Sports. Kev began playing his first show ‘The Young Man Show’ in all of France. The show ran in the theatre – Théâtre Le Temple and then continued at the Palais des Glaces before taking the France tour. The tour concluded in Switzerland on 22nd July 2012, during the Paléo Festival de Nyon. Adams then performed a show called Test… Voilà, Voilà! at the Bataclan from 27the November to 31st December 2013.
From September 2010 to February 2011, Kev was a contestant on the TV program On n’demande qu’à en rire, which was hosted by Laurent Ruquier. Between theses successful years of Kev, he produced and directed the Soda series on M6 and W9, a short program for young people in 2011. Soda depicts the daily life of three boys and guest stars such as La Fouine and Amel Bent. The series ended in 2014, but the young man is more popular than ever amongst youngsters of France.
The same year, Kev got the biggest box office success with Serial Teachers and The New Adventures of Aladdin. The Serial Teachers is a show about a person who is an almost-school dropout and his adventures with the worst teachers in France. After sharing Fiston’s poster with Franck Dubosc, Kev starred in Aladdin’s The New Adventures in 2015, which is a well-known story of a thief caught by the children in the midst of a robbery on Christmas eve. Looking back at 2014, Kev Adams’ Facebook following reached more than 3 million, and Twitter got around 1 million followers. Kev’s Instagram reached a followers count of 4 million in 2017. Kev has become a popular star in the media and is one of the favourite personalities of youngsters. The young comedian found on the boards his spiritual father and friend Gad Elmaleh, in the show everything is possible.
Below are the Kev Adams Best 5 videos on youtube
|1.||Ma chanteuse préférée en ce moment 🎶|
|2.||Kev Adams – L’Ado (Paris fait sa comédie 2009)|
|4.||Kev Adams – Le code de la route|
|5.||Tout Est Possible – Kev Adams, Gad Elmaleh et Jamel Debbouze|
- Most viewed video of Kev Adams with 4.7 million views
- Kev Adams – The Teen (Paris makes his comedy 2009) –
Kev Adams is 17 years old and one of the youngest comedians in France! He played his sketch ‘L’ado’ on March 27, 2009, at Olympia as part of ‘Paris makes his comedy 2009’, invited by Anne Roumanoff
- This video shows the Sketch for the month of June! Childhood (excerpt from Direct on W9).
- Another video with the description – “The code of the road … What a pleasure!!”
- The magic moment on stage with Gad Elmaleh and Jamel Debbouze: The revenge of Lacazette!
• The Young Man Show – Live show on W9 with 2 million viewers. Kev’s performance was marked as the best to date since the beginning of the channel. The show had a total of 400 performances, where seven shows were held at Casino de Paris and three shows at Olympia. The show got so popular that it sold 77k DVDs in a year.
• Voila Voila – Another famous show of Kev Adams, Voila Voila got 3 million views on M6. It had 26 shows at The Bataclan, five shows at The Olympia, and three shows at The Paris Zenith. This show had 500k spectators and 150k DVDs were sold.
• Tout Est Possible – The show had 39 Zeniths all around France, Belgium, Switzerland; along with 350k spectators and 5 million viewers on M6.
• SODA – It aired on W9 having four seasons in total. Initially, the show got 900k views per episode, but the number soon increased to 4.4 million views per episode.
• Le Monde Selon Kev – The show released on November 20180n M6.
• The Profs – 4 million Viewers
• Sonny – 2.5 million viewers
• The Prof 2 – 3.5 million viewers
• The New Adventure of Aladdin – 4.5 million viewers
• Fiston – 2 million viewers
• Amis Publics – 800k viewers
• Love Addict – 800k viewers
• The Spy Who Dumped me – released on August 2018
• Alad 2 – Released on 3rd October 2019
Kev Adams is the ambassador of two charity organizations – Princesse Margot and Mecenat Chirurgie Cardiaque. Kev takes out time from his busy schedule and shares precious moments with children.
In a Nutshell
Parisian-born Kev Adams has already achieved phenomenal success, at the age of 27, as an actor, stand-up comedian, writer and producer. His original one-man show “The Young Man Show” got over 350,000 people during its European tour and has generated over 2.5 million views. He had toured with his second show, “Voilà Voilà”, all around the world including countries like France, Switzerland, Belgium, USA, Spain, Great Britain, Canada etc. The show has been seen by 500k people worldwide. Kev has also given the French dub of Gomez Addams in the movie ‘The Addams Family’.